Read More ...

Friday 8 May 2015

Updates on us!


So today I said to hubby as we were talking about our next adoption, " You know, I'm okay with not going with another baby."

He looks at me and smiles and then says " Well, that's a good thing since your 51 st birthday is approaching."

Then he says " I'm okay with not playing high school sports, too."

Maybe it's just me but I think this guy is so funny!

Just a few updates- Hubby had his teeth extracted on Monday. He felt much better right away! He is still healing and on the antibiotics and rinses. We are thankful that is over with!

The movie I got Mark for his b-day was SP. I do not watch it but I do roll on the floor laughing when the kids recite some of the lines!

Mark is home for the weekend and we love it! We had a houseful tonight for dinner! The girls are so excited to be with him!

Daughter Katie's last day of college/student teaching was today. She is both happy and sad. She loves the University of Iowa and is sorry to leave. She has had a job offer in Colorado but is probably not going to take it. We are both happy and sad about that one! Happy she had an offer, happy she is coming home, sad she doesn't have a job here ;-0

Billy and girlfriend Kelly are taking Anna and Sarah to the zoo tomorrow. Jim and I have no clue what to do with ourselves! It has been a long time since we had a free afternoon! The options are endless, we just need to make a decision!

As we prepare to adopt again- big brother Mark needed to get his fingerprints taken. I got everyone out the door at 8:45 to head to St. Paul to get it done. It just happened to be the ONLY place around that did Friday fingerprints and us adoptive parents don't like to slow the process down so I decide to utilize this day since he was home!. We drove the half hour and realized he forgot his drivers license- argh, ugh, grrrrr. Then we rescheduled the appointment for an hour later drove back home, got the license and went back to St Paul got the deed done! Yippee!! I took them straight to our agency! There is still a lot more that needs to get done but every little bit counts! A small step in the right direction!