Read More ...

Sunday 31 May 2015

6 months!



We are nearing the 6 month marker for Sarah being home! It has gone so quickly and she has made incredible progress! She never ceases to amaze me! Sometimes she finishes my sentences when I can't think of the word. She has a wonderful sense of humor! We can joke together and we know what each other means. It has truly helped her deal with her minor insecurities and jealousies! She knows the truth and she knows things are pretty fair but she can't help but want the reassurance-  we do not mind giving it to her. Truly this wonderful little girl was meant to be in our family and we are so thrilled she is with us! A blessing beyond belief

Sarah can now understand our little Anna better than us. Okay, at first I was thinking "no way" but it is true! She often will tell us what Anna is saying. Because of her bilateral cleft Anna is sometimes difficult to understand. She is talking so fast and so much that I am often saying "What did you say honey?" and Sarah tells me what Anna is saying!

We got a trampoline in our yard this week. The kids are having a blast! You never see a sad kid on a trampoline! They are always smiling! It has been a draw for the neighborhood kids- Sarah loves it! Today she came inside and Dad said "Sarah, you have lots of friends!" She said "I know!" It is so nice for a child who has only been home 6 months and who has been home schooled the whole time to feel like she has lots of friends! I should have taken a pic with all the kids on it but I didn't- oops! Here is a pic of our kids having fun on the tramp! It is even bonding for family!