Read More ...

Monday 1 June 2015

A Day Brightener!

We sent the girls 2 cakes and a few gifts hoping they would be able to celebrate with some of their friends and foster family (Ann @ Red Threads). We were so blessed to get a couple pics of them with their cakes.

I have this feeling that the girls are hesitant and scared. I can see it in their faces. The closer it gets, the more apprehensive they get. I think Ellie (younger sister on right) is smiling through it all, I think that is how she reacts to stress. Emma (older sister on left) is not sure what to make of all this, she looks quiet and reserved. Our daughters have been through so much in their short lives. So many huge changes for them- we will be their 3rd family.

I want to wrap my arms around them and never let go. I want to let them know their journey will soon be done- no more changing families. Their forever family is waiting to come and get them.

I look forward to starting the long and rather awkward process of becoming a family. I am sure they will be shocked at how we look. We are not Chinese and we are unfamiliar in every way to them. Hopefully they have looked at their photo albums and they will somewhat recognize us. Sarah did when she saw us through the picture window on gotcha day.

So many questions enter into my mind. Will this journey be easier or harder or just different. How will siblings differ from a single child adoption. Will having Sarah and Anna help the girls adjust? How will they grieve?
The questions go on and on. Soon enough, we will have our answers and believe me I will be sharing our experience with you!

Please pray that our TA arrives soon!