Read More ...

Saturday 13 June 2015

Really Hopin!


Hoping to hear about our CA soon! It is one of the most exciting moments of the journey. To know it is for real- we are going to China to get our daughters- it will be music to my ears!

It feels like it has been a long journey. We saw the girls on the waiting child list in March of 2009. By God's grace everything fell into place and we were able to officially accept the referral on June 5th. At that time I-800 was being figured out and things were slightly longer than they were with Sarah so our social worker gave us a little dose of reality and said don't plan to travel until May or June. We thought that sounded okay because we wanted Sarah to have time to adjust (but we were also happy we had begun the process early)!

Now my heart aches- it aches for our daughters that knew something was up years ago as they had picture after picture taken of them. Then more pictures and movie clips of their dear foster Mom saying hurry up Momma and Babba come and get us. Tears welled up in their eyes and I am sure confusion ran through the minds. Who is this Momma and Babba she is talking about?

Well dear daughters your Momma and Babba have worked as hard as they could to get you home as soon as possible. I never thought we would not have them home before their birthdays- July 20th and 21st. When I posted on that before- I was actually kidding. There was no way they would not be here well before their birthdays. But times in the adoption world have changed- as they often do and now I really don't know when we will go to China and when we will have our girls home.

Since you may be wondering (and even if you are not)- we are planning to give them American girl dolls for their b-day. We thought they could each pick out their own doll and accessories. We have an American girl doll store in the area. If they seem easily overwhelmed they can do it from the catalog and we will go get it for them. I am sure big sis Sarah will be happy to help them out!

We went ahead and bought them a bike and a scooter (and a helmet of course) so they could enjoy them over the summer. Sarah loves hers and I know they will want to practice at it with her and Anna!
I can't wait until they can ride a two wheel bike- it is such an exciting moment!

I think I am feeling a little melancholy because I have tried so hard to do everything right by everyone in my family and my agency. I tried to communicate with everyone I was supposed to about his journey. I tried to plan, to think ahead, to be prepared, to be able to meet everyones needs- that's my job- I am Mom. Somehow when things don't work out as planned the Mom thinks she has failed.

So to you dear Lord I offer this up- that you will have us go to China just as you have planned. That I will relinquish control to you. That my heart will be to passionately serve and love you.