Read More ...

Saturday 27 June 2015

I did it!!

I talked to the neighbor- yes, I have been dreading doing this. Yes, I hoped I could avoid it all together but the dear Lord arranged it all and the opportunity was there, so I did it!

She called on Friday morning and left a pleasant message concerned the girls. I called her back that evening and let her know that with Sarah only being home 6 months we needed to keep her close to us. I had misjudged the time it takes for an older adoptee to adjust to so many new situations and that this process would take us years. I shared the new rules with her and she seemed to completely understand. It felt good to be an advocate for our daughter. It felt good to know I was doing the right thing. I am thankful to God the he gave us exactly the right opportunity and the courage to do it. I could feel his presence and I knew even if it was not received well- that would be just "too bad" because we are not changing our minds. It is what is best for our daughter and for our family.

I also have to say that I said I was "advised by my support group"- that would be you dear bloggy friends! Thank you for your words of wisdom, support and prayers!

If you have joined us late- This post is in response to my June 20th post- "Any thoughts on this one??" 

Thank you Jesus!