Read More ...

Monday 15 June 2015

True Story Tuesday

Every night hubby and I pray for our children- we pray for happiness, good health, safety and for them to have a living and loving relationship with our dear Lord. Today the Lord answered our prayers for our youngest daughter and to him I am so grateful.

Anna is taking a Chinese music class at our community center. She is really enjoying it- which really surprised me. She happily parts from me and runs in the room to join in on the fun. There are 2 other little girls in the class plus the teacher. There is something about chinese music that both of our girls adore- it seems to be comforting to them.

After class Anna and I were walking to the car. Since it is a community ceter they have parking for the senior citizens up close to the building and everyone else has to park in the back lot- further away. Anna was holding on tight to her little music sheet from class. She is always so proud of what she brings out of the class and considers it her homework. In the winter I would often carry her to the car- it was so cold and wet we just wanted to get in the car asap! With the nice weather and her turning 3 yr old we are trying to help her grow up a bit, be a little more independent by walking to the car and getting into the car seat.

She is still so little and petite- I always worry that people won't see her. As we walked to the car we held hands through the parking lot. Her right held her homework. The wind was gusty and blew the paper out of her hand just as we were crossing the road. She pulled her left hand out of my grasp and turned to run back for her paper. It happened so fast- I looked and there was a car heading straight for her-I screamed "Stop" in a blood curdling tone- hoping either Anna would stop in her tracks or the car would stop- but neither happened. The car kept coming and I heard the engine rev as the driver stepped on the gas. I ran in front of the car and scooped up Anna- at the same time my free hand waved to the car to stop. The car did stop and we made it to the side of the road. I made eye contact with the driver and mouthed "thank you". It took her a while to park her car. Then she came over to our car. She was visible shaken and teary. She said "I want you to know last week I had my breaks checked". I said "I think this is a God thing, thank you so much for stopping" and I gave her a hug.

Thank you Jesus...

I give you thanks oh Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods.

I bow before your holy temple as I worship. 
I will give thanks to your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness, 
because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.
Psalm 138:1-2