Read More ...

Tuesday 5 May 2015

First Communion and Ben's Surgery


Getting 5 ready for first communion and then another 8 looking "good" was not easy!
All the girls wanted their hair curled and I'm not really very good with hair... I was wishing big sis Katie was her to help me out!


BUT we did it!!
And there was only one hitch- we were short one pair of girls ruffle socks...
That's when I go straight into prayer and send all the girls to look in their sock drawers!
Praise God we found something that would work!
They were so cute as they searched and a couple of kiddos brought me white athletic socks ;-)
Thanks guys but that's not quite what we are looking for!


With all that is happening this week I forgot to invite the big kids until the very last moment.


They were unable to join us. 
But it worked out just fine- Hubby and I were able to give the little kids all of our attention and especially focus on the first communicants.


They were all so excited and a bit nervous!


But they did a GREAT job!


I may have forgotten to talk to them about how to receive the wine...
But I am not necessarily admitting to that... ;-)


So they may have gotten a crash course during the service...
"Just take a tiny sip and don't say yuck!"


We did it- whew!
And they even had this extra large crew bring down the gifts!
Nobody tripped, fell, or broke anything!


Then we went out to dinner!


It was a delightful evening!!


The girls asked if they could wear their dresses tomorrow!
I said no but may look for another opportunity for them to wear their pretty white dresses.
What would you do?


Next year we will have 3 more kiddos having first communion- Abby, Madeline and Ben!


Sam loves life and he embraces every moment!
We love his contagious joy and spirit!


I am at the hospital now with Ben.
This boy also has a happy outlook on life!


They just finished his surgery and he is now having an MRI of the head and neck. 
The surgery went well!
I should be able to see him within an hour!

Praising GOD and exhaling!