Read More ...

Sunday 22 March 2015

A God Moment!

This happened in early March as I was preparing for Sarah's birthday.

As usual I was busy...

I had a few moments to myself and felt so thankful for that time!
I had no time planned for others.
 I would run my errands and pray during "MY TIME".

Like I said, I had no time for others...
It wasn't part of MY plan.


BUT, guess what?
My plan doesn't matter...
Because God had his own plan.

(I love it when he does that!)

(Blesses us with his plan, that is so much better than our plan!)


I stopped at the local party store to get a few things for Sarah's birthday party.


The clerk was so nice and friendly. 
She was not your average store clerk... she had many piercing and well, she was different from me.


I had seen her before and we were always pleasant but this time she wanted to strike up a conversation.


Did I mention I had an agenda, a plan for the day. I really wasn't planning on talking to anyone. 
Instead, I would pray my way through the day.
I really love doing that!


She began with talking about the children. 
They have been there many times and she remembered them.


She asked... "why did you adopt?"


Oh Lord, please forgive me...


I immediately thought of how I could begin and end this conversation as quickly as possible.
PLUS, I was tired of others asking and me muddling our way though our reasoning...


So, I kept it short and sweet


"It was a God thing,"
I said,
"We felt called to adopt."


figuring the conversation would pretty much end right there...


BUT, it didn't...
and once again God made himself so evident.
and once again, I was so humbled by HIM...


She began by telling me she was adopted.
(if I had a tail, it would have been right between my legs at this point)


She said that she and her sister were from Texas.
Her mother and her father were also "called to adopt".


BUT, God told them their daughter would be named Sarah.


Her mother searched all over the local waiting child list for a Sarah.


BUT, there were not any Sarah's.


Their agency mentioned two girls that were waiting in Texas.


The Mom made it very clear- no, no they aren't ours...


but then she went home and something inside of her said


look at those two girls from Texas...


The next weekend her and her husband drove to Texas to meet these two little girls.


She was Tanya and she had a big sister. They were 5 and 7 yrs old.


They met and the next thing you know they were driving back home with two little girls in their back seat.


As they were driving back to MN. the mom asked the girls-
 since you will be changing your last name would you like to change your first name, too?


Tanya, immediately answered YES!


 I would like my name to be Sarah... 


WOW...


WOW...




Okay... Lord


I had my agenda...


BUT your agenda was so much BETTER!


HE HUMBLES ME EVERYDAY!


Needless to say, 


that was an awesome GOD moment!


Have you had God moment?


I would love to hear about it!


Put it in the comments OR blog on it and let me know!