Read More ...

Saturday 7 March 2015

Do You Fear Different Disabilities?

I most certainly do!
I see them listed and immediately say no.
We/I cannot do that. Not interested in that one. It's not a fit for our family. The older children would struggle with it...

I have heard myself say this over and over again.
I am not too proud to say that I am scared to meet our new children.
Within moments of meeting Sam we will have to talk about and see his colostomy- it is not a pretty sight.
I have learned how to care for it and I'm sure I will have at least two hot flashes while changing the bag... There will be a lot of trial and error on my part. And probably a fair amount of dirty clothes due to my lack of expertise. I can only hope it will be bonding!

Do you think you can't handle it? Well, your probably right... you can't...

But God can! He can give you the tools you need to be able to handle it and to be successful at it!

It may be the best journey of your life!

It is so interesting, some of the disabilities that are on the waiting child lists I have thought were easy and yet I have had to rely on God way more than I thought I would have had to... 
Others, that were an immediate no and we have been able to deal with just fine. 

Yes, we have mourned and felt sad for our children's situations BUT loving them and being able to cope have come much easier than expected through prayer.

Don't try to out think yourself. YOUR child may have a disability that you thought you couldn't cope with- don't miss out on God's plan for your family! Step out in faith!
There is only one person that knows YOU better than you know yourself- trust HIM, He will not let you down!


He has a GREAT plan for you!!
A plan that will bring you closer to what HE has intended you to be!
Step out of your comfort zone!
Live life with reckless abandon and put your full trust in him!
It's an awesome ride!