Read More ...

Thursday 12 March 2015

And the Progress Continues!


Sarah has grown one inch and gained 6 pounds in the last 3 months (since she has been home)! Her pants are getting small so we are moving up to the next size for spring (size 8) - for now we are going to try make it through the cold weather with short snug pants. At 9 yrs old she is 56 lbs and 4 ft 3 inches tall. She is in the 25% on the American charts! Go Sarah!!

Our little girl hated books.  They were daunting, strange and felt overwhelming to her. Now she loves them! She likes to be read to every night and during the day. After we read a book she says-" wow, that was a good book!" This of course thrills me to know end (or is it no end- help Lori)!  Yippee Jesus! Tonight she proudly recited her math to Dad and brother Johnny! She has all her doubles up to 20 and is doing plus one. She saw next weeks lesson, it is plus two and minus one- "wow, that's hard," she said. At one point I did not think she would be able to do this, now I know she can!

Sarah is starting to read- I may be exaggerating BUT she is doing the "at" words- cat, rat, fat, mat, bat, sat and so on! She is thrilled with herself! She had to bring Daddy up to the school room so she could read to him when he got home. Just by coincidence I worked with her on this today and then the esl teacher did the same. I was thinking I was moving too fast but she did so well for both of us- so we will keep moving forward!!

She is making wonderful progress. Sometimes I think we have hit a lull- kind of plateaued and they she jumps forward and makes more progress. For me- it is quite exciting, "this is what I do", not a whole lot else- not much time- couldn't be happier!