Read More ...

Wednesday 25 March 2015

HS curriculum?

Homeschooling is going very well. It is a perfect fit for Sarah (well, other than a few bad days). I have been happy with what we were doing but it is time to add more in and have a more thorough curriculum - she is ready! Plus, I have been doing this reading program for the last couple months. Some of the books were pretty bad- story without a point, no main subject, bad things happen in it. I was thinking well one bad story is okay I 'm sure the rest will be better... That was not the case and I am dumping the whole LA program. Just to verify I had hubby read one of the books and he said don't do another day of it.

So here I am curriculumless ... (It's a new word!) I have been praying, searching yahoo groups, review websites and curriculum sites- my head is spinning. I am no further than when I started! ugh!

So dear friends, I turn to you- the experts! We need to get settled in before it gets too busy with our new girls!

We are doing Saxon Math 3rd grade and love it (so far).
I need a LA curriculum - it has to be christian based.
I kind of want a full curriculum but I'm not sure?

I would love to do sonlight BUT I do not think it is a fit for us. Sarah does like workbooks and learns from them. She cannot just listen and learn. In some programs she would be a 1st grader and in other she would be a 2nd grader- depends on the program.

Currently I am looking at-
Abeka
Christian Light Education
My Father World
Rod and Staff

Do you have an opinion on any of these? What do you use? What do you like?

I would love to hear from you!!
We need to find something fast!

Blessing to you!