Read More ...

Sunday 6 September 2015

Coming and Going...

That pretty much sums it up. The children come back and go again- over and over. It's kinda sad. I always have a lump in my throat and fight back tears- each time. I try to think of other things instead of dwelling on the fact that they are leaving.

This is a wonderful time of life for them. They are growing in every way through their experiences. Part of me just wants them to stay home and never leave... but that is unrealistic. I don't think they'd listen to me even if I tried to make them stay home.

Okay, okay, I've tried! I hug them and say "don't leave", they laugh, I laugh, but no one listens to their Momma...

Katie's college friend, Kelsey (in the middle ) came to visit her and her other friend Sarah.

They joined us for Mark's farewell dinner. They are wonderful girls- it was so great to see all three together again!


Honestly, look at Emma's smile! It is getting so natural! I love it!!


Is was interesting at dinner, Emma and Ellie seemed surprised. Even though we were at a Chinese restaurant everyone at the table spoke English and the conversation was flowing. The girls were quiet for the most part and just took it all in. I think they realized that speaking English may be more important than they thought. Since the dinner Ellie has put forth a little more effort!


I feel so blessed! I know this fall will give me a chance to focus on school and on the children at home! That is a blessing because life with 9 children coming and going can get very busy.


Mark has left on his study abroad. We had hoped that he would come home for a short visit but he may want to travel during that time instead- boohoo. Matt leaves next weekend but went camping this weekend so he had to say goodbye to Mark early.

All our boys have such kind hearts. It was hard for him to say goodbye (they will see each other at Christmas). The girls and I finally had to say to Matt- "Go to work!"

Our photographer was a little short hence the upward angle of the camera- thank goodness our noses were clean!