Read More ...

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Project of the week #3!

Yes, its time for Project of the week...

Today I pulled out 3 picture frames I had in Lukes nursery and thought I would change them for Baby #2.


I have noticed that felt is EVERYWHERE at the moment... So I decided to pick some up when I was at spotlight, its quite cheap, only about 55c a sheet, and make 'something' using felt.
I set up myself up on one side of the table and set Luke up with his craft on the other side of the table. We sat and chatted like good old friends as we did our craft! Even stopping for morning tea.


I just let my creative juices flow...
In my nursery I'm going for the colour theme of baby blue, beige, brown and white, so I picked my felt based around those colours... cutting, pasting, dusted off some old buttons and came up with this...



1. Clothes on the line. Using a button on the pocket of the pants, a star on the t-shirt and tiny wooden pegs to 'peg' them on the line.
2. Car on the road. Using buttons as wheels.
3. Teddy bear on a patch work quilt. Using buttons as eyes and on the bow around his neck.

You could use any colours, make any picture and use whatever materials you have around your home and enjoy working with. Maybe you could use your scarpbooking papers, scrap fabrics or your kids crafts like glitter and paint. Its just a matter of dusting off that picture/photo frame you don't like any more, and change whatever is in it!

Another thing I have put in a photo frame (beside a photo), is a quote or scripture that is speaking to me at that time. Just type it out on the computer, put in some pretty paper and press print! EASY AS!! You could even add some pretty stickers or ribbon! Whatever you little creative heart desires.

Ill have to post you a photo once I have them hanging up in the nursery!

Happy Crafting! xo