Read More ...

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Project of the week!

Project of the week is to bless someone! Tell someone you appreciate them! Your mum, a good friend, the kids teacher, your husband, your kids, a mentor or the neighbour!

This project was partly inspired by my one of my best friends, Liz from Bizzy Dayz. She decorated her babies formula tins with fabric and used them for storage!

Here is my version!
At the moment we are going through Milo quite often. I have gone off drinking tea during this pregnancy so I have been drinking Milo instead and Luke usually drinks a Milo a day too!

We have gone through a 1kg tin already!!! I couldn't throw it out!!! I have to do something with this big tin!!


So I peeled off the label and gave it a good wash!


Get out the good old scrap booking paper (mine had to be dusted off), double sided tape (or normal tape or glue), scissors, ribbon! Whatever you have lying around the house...even wrapping paper would work, or newspaper would look cool too!


Then put on your creative shoes and get cutting and pasting!! See what you can come up with!
Then comes the best bit... fill it with goodies your 'special' person will love! Today it was the chocolate chip cookies Luke and I had made in the morning!


Seal the lid back on, tie a pretty ribbon around it, add a special note, tag or card...and there you go! A special gift to bless someone with!

Here is mine!



So you might not have the spare tin of Milo but you could use:
 - Ice cream container
 - Old present/Christmas box
 - A ceramic pot
 - Tissue box
Whatever you find around the home!!

Other blessings you could put into your tin/box/pot.
 - Chocolates
 - Lollies
 - Cake
 - Encouraging notes
 - Photos
 - Jams or Relishes!

Today I have blessed my friend Kate! She has been an amazing friend to me since I have moved here to Perth. I always saw her as my parents friend, however as you grow up you realize age doesn't matter! She is full of great wisdom and advise, and a beautiful example of a great mother, wife and friend. I wouldn't have made it though the last 6 months without her! We love the same home decore and enjoy decorating our homes with fun pieces we find in quite random places at times! She is just beautiful and I'm so blessed to call her 'friend'.

What person are you going to bless this week and why?