Read More ...

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Giving Encouragement!

Thank you so much bloggy friends for your kind words- It is so encouraging to read them! They are day brighteners for me- seriously it makes me happy inside to read your nice words!

I was thinking about this the last couple days and how important it is to say nice and kind things to people. We never know what challenges others are facing but a smile or a few kind words to a stranger or friend can mean so much.

Some times when I'm driving down the road and experiencing some ones road rage I think "why?"- what has happened that has ruined their day and they want to spread the negativity. I try not to get involved but it is a challenge blocking out others horns, finger gestures or revved engine.

On Friday's our local radio station does Drive thru Difference- I love it! They encourage people to do nice things for others and then call in and tell them what someone did for you. Mostly it is buying someone's meal, or coffee but the kindness can come in many different ways. This winter during a snowstorm a woman and her 3 children were stuck at the speech therapists office. Her car broke down and was being towed away for repairs, her husband was out of town and her sister couldn't come to get her. I felt the drive thru difference challenge and thought I have the perfect vehicle for this weather and for her family to get home. God was encouraging me to do it. So we drove them home after Anna was done with speech. It just felt good!

Yesterday was a so so day. There were a few things that came up that changed the schedule and were a little burdensome. To avoid another so so day, I started praying for today- yesterday evening! I knew the Lord would hear my prayers and he did- he gave me the attitude change I needed- he is so good!! I am so thankful for him!!

I need him in my everyday- I can't imagine being on this journey without him. It is filled with twists and turns and somehow he straightens out the path! It is so incredible to share it with HIM! I feel very blessed! He helps me to see the tiny progress we make each day and to enjoy the present!

Friends, give encouragement freely- it is an easy gift to give another person. Your kind words can make a difference in someone's life- thank you for making a difference in mine. I am grateful and so appreciate it!