Read More ...

Wednesday 8 July 2015

The Good, The Bad and The Somewhere In Between

I like to keep things positive and the truth is most of our life is positive.
The children are thriving and blossoming and it is a joy to have a front row seat to God's miracles!

But not everything in life is perfect and joyful.
We have struggles just like everyone else.
We have issues that we work on with certain children and we have necessary areas of growth as parents to birth children and children with a variety of needs.

As we walked the road of new parents(30 yrs ago) with our first five I would always have a mentor.
A friend that I respected that had BTDT.
I had many questions and they were always so helpful.
Whether we ended up doing it there way, someone else's way or our own way it was just so good to hear what worked and what didn't work for them.

Adopting older children is kind of a new thing and there are very few BTDT parents.
(Actually if you know of any please encourage them to start a FB group for those of us that are currently muddling their way through this new phenomenon). 
I am blessed to have a groups that are on the road with me!
We support each other, redirect, clarify when necessary and pray for one another.
Whether it's just a bad day, a small issue or a big issue that they, we, I need help with…
there is some place to go.
I also have a close friend that is experienced and an amazing resource.

I think it is important to keep things real so that's why I am writing this post.
In fact it should really be a regular part of my blog and I may make it just that…

Some of the issues I want to write about are

1. They Either Love Us or They Hate Us… Large Families.

2. Myths and Truths of Older Child Adoption…

3. My Truth About Lying…

4. The Many Challenges of Parenting Older Adopted Cognitively Disabled Children

Now, don't get your hopes up. You know I am not a very good writer and of course they will be no research involved- and the content will be just what I have observed and what I think.

Plus even though they may seem like slightly negative topics, they are not and they need to be discussed… I will not present them in a negative way.

So you decide!
Leave a comment regarding which one I should blog about first.

Thank you!