Read More ...

Wednesday 3 June 2015

A New Day

Katie, you better come home soon and save Penny!


Thank you so much for your kind responses, prayers and support. We so appreciate it. Today has been a better day and we are so thankful. Our agency called us this morning and clarified the situation to us. They said there is no one waiting to see the girls referral and that they would give us the opportunity to get this straightened out. They were very kind and reassuring. Our lawyer has talked to our agency and reassured them that this was a mistake. He has the necessary documentation ready and will bring it before the judge on Friday. Thank you, Jesus!!

One thing that I now realize, that is very important and it is easy for me to loose sight of when I fall in love with these precious children is (whew, that was a long sentence) - it's all about the children. It is not about who I/we think are our daughters. We (Jim and Jean) need to trust God in this process and pray for a wonderful home for all of the children. 

Nothing is a sure thing in the world of adoption- We will feel a lot better when they put "matched " by their picture! That will be a day to celebrate! I will let you know when the judge has signed it and we bring it to our agency.

Please keep praying for our precious daughters and that this mistake gets cleared up on Friday and that we can bring them home. My mind has already returned to planning for them in our family (I probably shouldn't think those thoughts). I have never seen my hubby so certain about anything- I think it was the fasting?

As my wonderful spiritual mentor said to me (that would be Lori from Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory)

 "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. " Philipians 4:6-7


 You are on the right track in just completely trusting the Lord...like Peter said in John 7:68-69, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."  We can stop trusting the Lord...walk away....but to whom will we go from there?  There is no one else who gives us what God can give us...peace, direction, discernment, wisdom.


AMEN!