Read More ...

Sunday 20 December 2015

Whew! Finally!

Beware everyone in the upper midwest! This boy now has his license! Oh ya, I'm praying a lot more lately!

Mark ripped his sweatshirt and I didn't get a chance to sew it so he decided to give it a try himself! He ended up sewing it onto the table cloth! I wish he would have told me earlier so I could have gotten a pic of it! I am pretty certain it would have been an award winning pic!!

This is Anna's friend! They had lunch together! I don't know him very well, but he looks nice enough! ;-)

My one and only talent is whistling. When the older children were playing in the neighborhood... 2 blocks away, I would whistle for them and I would hear children calling Biiiiillllyyyy, Maaaaaarrrrkkkkk, Joooohhhnnn yyoooouuurrrr Mooooommmmm is cccaaaaallllinnnnngggg you. I thought it was so funny how everyone new it was me calling for my children. A child 3 houses away would call out then I'd hear another child 4 houses from that one and soon I would hear cooooommmminnnnnggggg! The good old days!! In this picture Anna is whistling for Penny (Katie's dog is somewhere in the house). Her imitation is adorable!

Anna loves horses... only if they look like Billy that is, otherwise she is scared to death of them. She kept saying to him good girl, good girl!

JIm took the girls sledding today. It was in the 20's- a beautiful winter day! They had a blast!

He was so surprised how well they did! When he left he said I'll be back in a half hour. Then he called an hour later and said I don't know how I'm going to get them away from this hill, they love it! After a while the promise of returning and hot cocoa and a sugar cookie helped then to leave their beloved sledding hill!
I just had to share this- it is a Melissa and Doug hangman game. Very, very simple, great for trips and at home... even works for homeschooling! Sarah loves it and she has fooled me a couple times! I think it is about $12. I highly recommend it!

We are finally to a point that we can take a deep breath and enjoy the holidays. Yes, there is more to do but much of it is done and checked off the list. Whew! It has been fun but it always brings me stress I will wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep because I need to put one more thing on my list. Praise the Lord we are at the point that we can enjoy and put the focus where it belongs- thank you Jesus! My hope is that you are there too and can finally sit down, take a deep breath and enjoy- God Bless you!