Read More ...

Thursday 31 December 2015

Kate's Christmas

I know, I know, Christmas is over and done with...but...but...but... I just have to show you my friend, Kate's Christmas decorations, they are just beautiful!!

Christmas has come and gone, and I haven't even posted a photo of my Christmas decorations...why?? Because they never actually made it onto the tree!! haha... There has been so much happening, that tree was neglected :( Well the fairy lights made it on, and that looked nice...but my plan of getting new decorations this year and really decking it out went down the drain. Being overdue, having no energy, not being well and looking after my family who was not well, then having a baby...well all that took up most the time... Im a little disappointed but hey, there is always next year!!!

So I'm making up for that with my gorgeous friend Kate, who really does LOVE Christmas. Apparently, she has boxes of Christmas decorations in the shed, all colour co-ordinates ready for whatever 'theme' she chooses for the year!...well that's what her husband tells me?? Is that true Kate?? hehe... it seriously would surprise me!!

Kate's Formal Lounge! Love it!

The Mantle, full of photos of her kids with Santa
each year... special!

The Tree!!
I love the train!! 


The Village in the fireplace!!
I hope Santa doesn't break it when he comes down the chimney to deliver the prezzies!!


        


Its all in the small things!!
Kate has an amazing talent to see the detail in things and I love that!!
There is meaning and sentimental memories in most of her decorations, everything has a story! What beautiful memories she is creating for her children! I can definitely take a leaf out of her book and I hope over the years as I collect my decorations, I can create such magical and special place for my children at Christmas time!
Please don't feel the pressure to go and create this, all in one year! Kate will be the first to say, these decorations have taken years of collecting and creating!! 

Just looking back over these photos, I get excited about what I can collect and create for my kids!! WooHoo... Might be time to hit the shops and get those clearance Christmas decorations :)
... well hopefully!