Read More ...

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Photo Wall

We have been wanting to put a photo wall up for so long, but never seem to stay in a house long enough to do it...(or allowed to, while renting)...totally grabbed the chance to put one up now!!
I went with my girlfriend Kate to Ikea on our whirlwind trip to Perth a few weekends ago, we stood in the framing section trying to come up with a collage that would suit the space on my wall and after a long deliberation we came up with this...

Now its one thing to lay it correctly on the floor, its another to get it hanging like that on a wall!!!
I firstly laid it out on the floor directly under the area I wanted to hang it.


Then cut out the exact shape of each frame with junk mail and stuck them on the wall (with a tiny piece of blue tack in each corner) where they needed to sit.


Continued and measured the back of the frame to where the hook needed to sit and measure and marked it on the junkmail and drilled away (and stuck away too.) The smaller frames I stuck the sticky hooks - The less holes in a wall the better I reckon!

I love the final look...but its still quite small for the wall space its in, so in the early next year I am going to add a few frames either side!



Challenging and time consuming process but I think the final look is exactly what we wanted!
Good luck with your photo wall!! x