Read More ...

Wednesday 9 December 2015

The NURSERY

Well the day has finally come where I can show you some pictures of the Nursery... Its still not 100% finished but defiantly close! I really love it, and everything in it...the only wish I have is to PAINT! I would love to paint the room in a two tone, baby blue with a deep beige and white trim! Oh, if only I wasn't renting! But that's life and I have done the best with what I can...

The nursery is a really tiny room so it was hard to take photos so you get the feel of it... I'm not a great photographer but here is what I took...



Love this breast feeding chair! I bought it second hand and its the most comfortable armchair EVER, its a soft leather, comes with a rocking foot rest and also reclines!


My beautiful chest of draws... and the gorgeous bunting above!
Hallelujah, I got permission from the owners to be able to put curtains up!


Got the gorgeous white cane dirty washing basket from Target on special!! YAY! 
Just gotta love bargains!


The change table, with Carla's painting at the back (needs to be hung) and a basket (from Jodie) full of all the goodies you need... powder, wipes, nappy rash cream, nappy bags etc...and below a basket of nappies ready and waiting for baby to arrive!



The most beautiful special teddy/friend for baby... from Mamas and Papas.
His new home is in the cot :)
Thank you Will and Jewels.



Little bookshelf at the door...
Baskets full of toys, books, soft toys and cards that will eventually go into an album :)
At the top is my note book... I always liked to jot down the time I fed Luke, what times he was awake and asleep, when he did wee's and poo's...all those kind of things... probably silly to some, but just made it easier for me to look back on if I needed to, and to keep on track with his routine. I'm probably going to do the same with baby Davey #2. Im sure this will become the water spot too... you always get SO thirsty when feeding!


I really LOVE my bunting that hangs on the bulkhead. It really frames the window and curtains :)


Just a little wooden love heart with ribbons and beads that I have hung with the curtains. There is also one on the door handle. I picked these up in Germany... I bought enough to hang off my dining room chairs (8), a few have broken so now they are being used in different places like this :) It all in the detail...the little things :)


My 3 felt pictures I made hanging above the feeding chair...
See Project of the Week #3 that I blogged back in September!


So there you have it, for all who have been asking!...

The other thing I was thinking about adding was a floor mat!?!? What do you think?? I saw a new IKEA mat out this week (sorry cant find a photo to put on for you)...its like a giant sheep skin...or should I go something round in a light beige, white or cream mat?...
Would love to hear any suggestions you have to make it look better!! Let me know you thoughts!! xo