Read More ...

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Dreaming, planning and preparing for the children!

Now that the holidays have passed- well, most of them that is- I find my thoughts going back to our two children in China.





I feel like I already know Sam. When we walk into the room I think I will be able to recognize him right away. The pics we have all look like the same little boy. I can picture him in my head and dream about him. It makes me even more excited to bring him home! I have bought him a few article of clothing! As you probably know each little step brings them closer to reality. To us this is all part of the bonding experience- the part you can do as you prepare to bring them home.


We think we may be the first to adopt from Sam's orphanage- there is no yahoo group for them and I cannot find a single family that has been there or has adopted from there. Their is no info on the internet- this is a first for us too as we have always been able to find out lots of info through the internet.


When I think of Ava- I am so excited BUT I do not have a clear picture in my head of who our little girl is? I find myself a little frustrated. I have a few pictures but they don't make sense to me. In one pic she has dimples but not in the others. In one pic she has thick short black hair and then in another her hair is very thin. She was in an orphanage near where she was abandoned and now she is with a foster family in the capitol city of her province. She is either 130 cm or 103cm?? They insist she is 130cm which makes her Ellie's height- Ellie is 8.5 and Ava is 5.5 yrs old. Ellie weighs 62 lbs and Ava weighs 39 lbs. She looks average size wise, not super skinny. Anna is 102cm and weighs 30 lbs. Actually, I would have thought she would be more in between Ellie and Anna, but from the info I have now- she is either one or the other???


I can't even put the pics in chronological order- it is so confusing...


I am completely baffled?? Sometimes I wonder if it is the same little girl HOWEVER her nose is the same in each pic- so it must be.


With all this conflicting information I am unable to buy her some clothes and to dream of her in our family.


I have thought about putting Ava, Anna and Sam in preschool for next year (2-3 afternoons per week). Yes, she will be a little old but not too much. They could learn so much there together and it would give me a moment to teach the older girls. If she is as tall as Ellie- she just wouldn't fit in, if she is a little bigger than Anna it would be perfect!


I try to guess her size by comparing her to the things around her in the pictures but I just can't get a feel for it.


With some of our past adoptions we are given so much info and then with others their are so many questions that are left unanswered. I do not get the feeling that they want to share much and it does bother me. We have asked for her size 3 times and each time they say- we told you she is 130 cm... it just doesn't make sense. I don't want to bother them or be a problem but it sure would be nice if they would remeasure- just once! The Dr that reviewed her file (in September) said he thought she may be older than what they say- I did not understand why he said that because at that point she was 102 cm??


We have been busy with our family, the holidays and the adoption process but I am feeling like I need to insist that they remeasure her once and for all and find out the accurate measurement. I need freedom to dream and to plan for our dear daughter. If you can, will you say a prayer that we get the information we want and need for Ava!