Read More ...

Wednesday 16 December 2015

December Birthdays


I always feel a tad sorry for people who have birthdays in December... Christmas seems to overtake everything! Now that Benny is here and nearly one, I have realized how hard it is to buy birthday presents for him that are different to Christmas presents and to get all his friends and family together to celebrate! Lots of people are off on holidays! It my mother in laws birthday on Sunday so we are celebrating tonight... and since having Ben I have so much more sympathy for her birthday being so close to Christmas (oh I sympathize even more to those who celebrate their birthdays on Christmas Day) ...however to make things worse, she is the hardest person to buy for, she doesn't have a want or need for much, she doesn't wear make-up, perfume or jewellery... so what to do? what to do??

I am hoping she loves what I have made her!
A Tea Cosy (because she only drinks real tea from a pot)

Its a little retro! But I love it....and I think I may make some more!!
I quilted the sides (to help keep the heat in) and then ran a ribbon down one outside and hand sewn some buttons into flowers.

And then I have made a Apricot Jam, a Tomato Relish and a Lemon Butter and put them in these gorgeous jars and matched them with ribbon and labels.




A little nervous to see how see like them!! She should be arriving any minute!!