Read More ...

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Stress

Well, Christmas day is just about here. For some reason this has been one of the more stressful Christmas seasons. I'm not sure why? Last year believe it or not, was not stressful even though Sarah had just come home. I think our expectations we so low and we were running on adrenaline. I am actually pretty ready for the celebration but now I feel like I am waiting for it to happen. It has been difficult keeping the kids busy and productive and at the same time trying to avoid overly crowded places. We have spent more time than usual at home.

I have bought a ton of groceries but the big kids keep eating the food- imagine that! Thank goodness the grocery store is close by! We will be running back there today and probably tomorrow! It looks like a snow storm is heading our way! We may be snowed in for a few days!

Over the last 2 months Sarah has been challenging me with homeschooling. She is a smart girl but when introduced to a new topic she shuts down and refuses to try. She does not like to be challenged with her school work- which is to bad because she is capable of so much. The other day she just refused to read her spelling words (that was one of many refusals that morning). She just sits and stares at it. I sit there with her, I pray to myself and then I excuse myself now and then so at least I can stay productive. I have thought about sending her to school- and I am currently praying about it. I don't want to I love HS and love the benefits- time together, bonding, being part of her learning process. I also feel like if she does this in school- they will give up on her- she can be very time consuming.

I finally called Hubby home and he spoke with Sarah. After much nudging she apologized and did her school work. We were both amazed at how well she did. I think she is really holding back with me and I need to find away to get beyond this. Has anyone else run into a similar situation- where their child refuses to do what you asked them to do. How do you handle it? This is probably a bad time to post this because after all it is Christmas but I sure could use a little help!