Read More ...

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Decorating the Tree! Another First!


The girls helped Dad decorate the tree! 


This was new for Emma and Ellie. They had so much fun putting on the ornaments!


We are trying to limit the amount of work we do during this season- so we can be sure to have the focus on Christ. Surprisingly, it has gone very we well. We have done many fun things but it has not felt overwhelming at all. 
I have not had that feeling of dread that often comes over me in December- thank you Jesus! We began praying about it right after Thanksgiving.


Everyone was busy decorating the tree when hubby announced "We are all done. That was fun!!"
I thought to myself- Wow was that quick! Maybe it went so fast because their are so many people decorating it?


It turns out, there were too many glass ornaments being handed to him all at once so before they started to break and children got hurt, he declared that they were "finished"! Hey, that works for me! The tree looks great!"

We do what we can and stop before it gets to be too much!

Then I looked at the back of the tree... nada, nothing, not an ornament in site!
The girls didn't even notice!
He was happy with the tree, they were happy with the tree... so I guess I'm happy with the tree, too!

2 weeks later a huge section of the lights are no longer working! That's life!